Hibbett Sports, Inc. operates small to mid-sized Hibbett Sports outlets, mostly in the Southeast, Southwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest of the United States. A vast selection of sports equipment, footwear, and apparel are available via the company’s several retail concepts, including Hibbett Sports, Sports Additions, Sports & Co., and Hibbett Team Sales, Inc.
hibbett sports locations had 832 locations operating in 26 states as of January 28, 2012. In addition to 19 athletic shoe stores with a smaller size called Sports Additions and one superstore with a larger model named Sports & Co., there were 812 hibbett sports locations among them. 629 of these establishments were located in strip retail centers, while 203 were located in enclosed malls.
The business opened 49 new hibbett sports locations and three Sports Additions locations during the 2012 fiscal year, while also shutting 17 hibbett sports locations and one Sports & Co. store. Also, 18 locations were renovated or enlarged during this time, and one Sports & Co. store was changed over to a Hibbett Sports location.
Hibbett Sports Company Overview:
- Industry: Clothing, Shoes, Sports Equipment
- Founded: 1945
- Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- CEO: Michael E. Longo
- Number of Employees: 10,700
Early Years and Foundation
Rufus Hibbett, a high-school teacher and coach in Florence, Alabama, started the sports, maritime, and aviation equipment business Dixie Supply Company in 1945 as part of his entrepreneurial adventure. Rufus changed the company’s name to Hibbett & Sons in 1952 when his two sons started working there, and he turned the company’s main emphasis to team sports items. The company changed its name to Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc. in the middle of the 1960s and modified its retail strategy.
My neighborhood Hibbett Sports was acquired by the Anderson family from Florence, Alabama, in 1980. They made wise investments in skilled management and cutting-edge processes, which accelerated the business’ expansion while keeping it reasonable. Targeting tiny to mid-sized markets with populations between 30,000 and 250,000 was a distinctive strategy used by Hibbett. As compared to bigger markets, these smaller markets offered less strong competition, more expansion options, and relatively cheaper operational costs. Hibbett Sports Near Me also achieved substantial vendor and customer awareness as the top retailer of a wide range of athletic items in the surrounding areas. The business’ regional concentration also provided it with significant cost advantages, such as less corporate expenditures, decreased distribution costs, and improved economies of scale.
The 1990s Saw Rapid Expansion.
With the help of its flagship retail format, Hibbett Sports, Inc. outlets, the company grew significantly in the early 1990s. These shops, which occupied 5,000 square feet in enclosed malls, were carefully planned to meet the requirements of small- to medium-sized markets, taking into consideration demographics and market dynamics. The business also debuted Sports Additions, Inc. outlets, which were smaller buildings of 1,500 square feet.
Around 90% of the products sold in Sports Additions stores is athletic footwear, with the other 10% being hats and a little amount of clothing. This model offered a broader range of stylish shoes than Hibbett Sports outlets did. Interestingly, all Sports Additions locations shared malls with Hibbett Sports establishments.
Hibbett reported total revenues of $32.03 million for the fiscal year 1993 from its 34 Hibbett Sports stores and four Sports Additions sites. Through the operation of 41 Hibbett Sports and eight Sports Additions stores, this expansion continued, and by the conclusion of the company’s fiscal year in 1994, revenues had further increased to $40.12 million. With only 38 stores at the end of fiscal 1993, the company managed an astounding 60 outlets by the end of fiscal 1995.
At this time, the retail market for sports items in the US grew quickly, with total sales exceeding $36 billion in 1995. Despite this growth, the market was still fragmented, with big-box companies like superstores vying for market share. Hibbett thought that its Hibbett Sports shop concept could be successfully converted into a superstore model, offering a wide selection of high-quality athletic goods, in response to this competitive environment. This new structure, which has the potential for more development and success, would feature a carefully curated assortment of apparel and accessories made locally. Also, it would have equipment for both individual and team sports.
Hibbett Sports Expanding its Reach with Neighborhood Stores
The wide network of physical locations that Hibbett Sports has is one of the primary drivers of its success. Customers may now easily purchase sports equipment close to where they are thanks to the company’s presence in several locations around the nation. This section will look at how Hibbett Sports selects suitable locations, makes plans for the expansion of its physical stores, and enhances customer experiences.
What is Hibbett Sports Careers
You have a range of employment options at Hibbett Sports Careers, but only a select few of them will provide you the unique training, recognition, and salary that set you apart and help you get the necessary work experience. These positions provide you the ability to work with experts in the industry and handle a range of routine duties in a sports retail environment.
Understanding the norms and regulations of the job is essential for success. For hourly occupations where there is a lot of client involvement, being a team player and having strong interpersonal skills are vital. As these positions include directing clients through a variety of items, including freshly released products and shoes that are exhibited on the shelves, they require a thorough awareness of every product.
We advise concentrating on these three roles if you’re thinking about applying for a job:
- Sales Associate: Sales associates excel at assisting customers, attending to their needs, and ensuring that they find the right equipment. They have in-depth knowledge of the products and provide exceptional hibbett sports customer service. Hibbett sports online sales agents at Hibbett Sports act as a point of contact for managers and other staff members, which qualifies them for management positions. Depending on the location, hibbett sports online selling employees often make between $8 and $9 per hour. Moreover, perks like insurance, flexible schedule, and paid time off can be accessible.
- Rookies: Rookies are hourly workers who learn to handle the many tasks that their managers and supervisors provide them. They oversee the Hibbett Sports online sale floor and interact with customers while they browse the goods. Rookies are also in charge of the occasional cash register operation and cleaning. Despite the extensive obligations, this role offers fantastic networking opportunities and business experience. Rookies frequently receive a minimum pay of $8 to $9 per hour, with the option of incentives and flexible hours.
- Manager: In the workplace, managers have a lot of responsibility. They oversee other workers, ensure everything goes well, and monitor inventory levels, revenue, and employee output. They might visit warehouses to go at the machinery and get customer feedback in order to enhance services. There are several general, sales, and assistant manager jobs, each with a different salary. Between $30,000 and $35,000 is the average salary for general managers, between $9 and $11 is the hourly wage for assistant managers, and between $10 and $15 is the hourly wage for sales managers. Managers are also provided benefits including paid time off, vacation, and full insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental).
You’ll find a wide range of fascinating hibbett sports careers occupations that match your objectives and interests if you take advantage of the chance to work there. The expertise and advantages may help you start a fulfilling hibbett sports careers in the sports industry, regardless of whether you decide to work in management or start as a Hibbett sports online sales associate.
August 2023 Hibbett Sports Coupons
Find 14 valid hibbett sports coupons for special discounts. Please be aware that Upfeat Media Inc. has a license to run this service. Upfeat selected the merchants featured on this page; Forbes editorial staff was not involved. Forbes could get a cut of the hibbett sports online sale if you decide to buy something through the links given.
Use the most recent Hibbett Sports coupons and promotions to get up to 25% off of popular items!
- Save up to 25% – Valid for 176 uses today.
- Earn $10 in rewards for every $200 spent with our rewards program – Valid for 8 uses today.
- hibbett sports coupons for Birthday: Get $10-$15 rewards – Used 22 times today.
- Hibbett Rewards members at MVP level receive a $10 birthday gift annually, while VIP level members get a $15 reward.
- Get $10 OFF on a $50 order when you sign up for mobile alerts – Used 34 times today.
- Join our free rewards program and enjoy 15% OFF your first order – Used 31 times today.
Shipping and Deals:
- Enjoy FREE Standard Sustainable Shipping on nearly all orders – Used 4 times today.
- Up to 40% OFF on selected Nike styles – Used 23 times today.
- Up to 40% OFF on selected Adidas styles – Used once today.
- Up to 60% OFF on select deals for Puma shoes and clothing – Used 3 times today.
- Buy one, get one 50% OFF on Wilson baseball pants.
- Gift cards available starting from $10.
- Take advantage of FREE 60-day returns on like-new items.
- Rest assured with FREE package insurance for lost or stolen orders.
- Buy now and pay later with Klarna.
For additional information on how to optimize your discounts, visit the official hibbett sports coupons website!
Details About How to Reach Hibbett Sports Customer Service
The following information may be used to contact hibbett sports customer service, a retailer of athletic goods:
Head Office Address:
2700 Milan Court,
Birmingham, Alabama 35211,
- Phone: 8443624422
- Phone: +1205-942-4292
- Email: email@example.com (for feedback)
Is price matching available from Hibbett?
Sorry, Hibbett doesn’t provide price matching at the moment. Follow us here at Forbes to get the most recent information on the top offers and hibbett sports coupons to optimize your savings with this merchant!
Is delivery at Hibbett free?
Sure, you may register for a free account at Hibbett and receive free delivery on practically all orders. Please take note that there can be a shipping charge if your order weighs more than 5 pounds.
What seasonal sales events does Hibbett offer?
During the year, Hibbett provides a variety of specials in addition to the customary hibbett sports online sale occasions like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Memorial Day. For information on the most recent promotions introduced by this retailer, keep an eye on Forbes.
How can I use Hibbett sports coupons?
In order to use a hibbett sports coupons, go as follows:
- To start the checkout process, click the symbol for the shopping bag.
- Click the + sign to see the promo code field above the subtotal.
- After you enter the hibbett sports coupons precisely as it is stated and click “apply,” your updated order total will be shown.